Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pregnant and currently dont have health insurance ?

So we had insurance, was seeing my doc.My husband got out of the navy and the next day no more insurance. He just started his new job and will get insurance in 3 months is it healthy for me not to see a doc till then?
--------------------
How far along are you? If you are healthy and are not at risk, doctors often do not see you for the first time until around 10 weeks in the pregnancy. So if you are really early, it might be ok. If you are in the second or third trimester, I would look at other insurance options and see the doctor. Discuss this with your doctor - they may have options for you. Was he not offered any sort of COBRA plan that he could pay out-of-pocket for until he had coverage at the new employer? Another factor to consider is what is 90 days? At my employer it is 90 days after the first of the month so if today was my first day of work it would be 90 days from January 1 not from today. Best wishes!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment