Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Has anyone had to go through so much to have bariatric surgery due to their health insurance requirements?

Hello! I want to have barriatric surgery. OK not WANT but NEED. My doctor has advised that I definitely have it. But, my health insurance, MVP says that I have to go to a clinic, and lose 10% of my weight on my own first?! This to me seems ridiculous being that this is why people have the surgery to begin with, because we CANT on our own. Aside from that I have to see 3 doctors, a therapist, get letters written, etc! Has anyone else successfully gone through all of this? If so, how long did it take? Was it worth it? Do you have any advice? THANK YOU! I am totally postponing even begining faxing the papers into this clinic which is the 1st step because I forsee NEVER seeing a light @ the end of the tunnel. This seems impossible and I feel nearly hopeless yet my dr. said I have to?! I mean... help?? :( STUPID health insurance!!!!! :|
--------------------
This is my experience: I need to write down all the diet I tray. Go to a neumology do the sleep study and other test. Go to a cardiologist and do a stress test and ecocardiogram and electrocardiogram. Go to a nutrition's. Go to a speech with a medical educator. Go to a psychiatric evaluation. Go to and interns and do a completed blood work. I had the operation 6 month ago lose 83 lbs feel fine and I medicine free for diabetes and high blood pressure. I wait 5 month between the operation is approved and the surgery. Is a risky operation is better to be prepared also all you describe is part of the usual medical protocol for the operation. For more info visit: www.bariatricedge.com Good luck
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment