Saturday, May 21, 2011

Where can I go to get my eyes checked when I don't have health insurance?

For the past few weeks I have been having vision problems in one eye, not all the time but I will get blurry vision and the eye will water when I'm say, looking at the computer screen for more than a short period of time, and when I don't feel pressure/have the blurry vision it seems like I am looking more with my 'good eye' if that makes sense. I don't have health insurance (between jobs) and was wondering if anyone had any experience with low cost eye doctors in the southern California area. I can afford a little bit but money is tight...but the problem is not going away and I feel I should get it checked out. Thanks so much to all who have some ideas.
--------------------
It's possible to get help through some of the agencies noted above, but there is usually a lot of red tape and waiting involved. I would call around to ask various optometrists what they charge for a basic eye exam - I know mine (I don't have vision insurance either) usually runs about 60 dollars. Some Walmarts have optometrist with fairly low charges. A basic exam would at least let you know if you have anything to really worry about. If you need further treatment, maybe you can work out some type of payment plan. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment