Friday, May 20, 2011

Question for people who pay their health insurance?

Does the person who pays the health insurance for the family see on the statement exactly where you go to the doctor, and if you get a prescription filled, exactly what medicine you got? My dad has it taken out of his paycheck through his work monthly...if this makes a difference. I'm asking because I'm 18, and I'm going to go to a doctor and get medicine that my dad doesnt agree with. I'm on his insurance though and I don't want him to find out.
--------------------
If an insurance claim is filed, then an "Explanation of Benefits" or EOB will be sent to your father. The EOB will provide the following information: - Date of medical service - Description of medical service - Name of physician - Name of patient - Dollar amount of claim - Dollar amount covered by the health insurance plan - Dollar amount required to be paid by patient, parent or legal guardian
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment