Wednesday, April 6, 2011

What would happen if I got in an accident without health insurance?

Ok say for example I got stabbed. I don't have mediacal insurance right now but if I was evacted to the hospital and the bill was i donno like $6000 all together could I sign up for insurance then and there? and would it be cheaper if I did that then to pay the bill in full or would I be on contract with the insurance company forever?
--------------------
No, you can't get insurance after you are injured or sick. That's not how it works. In fact, without insurance, the hospital will charge you a LOT more than they would charge an insurance company. Maybe 3 to 5 times more. If it's a serious injury, the bill could be much more than $6,000. My advice: Try to avoid situations where you might get stabbed. And get some insurance if you can.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment