Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where can a recent college grad find affordable short-term health insurance?

I am not sure what to do about health insurance after I graduate from college (in a few months). I know that I am going to need some time to job hunt (my field is very competitive) and I would also like to do some volunteer work before I start my career. Problem is, if I am not a full-time student, my parents' health insurance won't cover me, and if I don't or can't find a job with benefits right away, I will be left uninsured. Any ideas where I can get affordable health insurance for short-term (no more than a year and a half) ??? Thanks!
--------------------
When I graduated from college (5 years ago), I got temp health coverage from Fortis, which is now Assurant Health. It was a simple online process. I remember it being affordable. I cannot speak for how good it is, because thankfully, I did not need to use it. After 6 months, it expired and that was it https://www.temporaryinsurance.com/stm/(… If I just graduated, I would take a serious look at this site. They seem to specialize in students. http://www.gradmed.com Just make sure you read what they will not cover. For example, don't get pregnant. good luck .
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment