Thursday, March 24, 2011

What rights does a cancer patient if they have no health insurance?

The hospital that diagnosed my brothers cancer discharged him and told him to seek treatment at the county hospital due to no heath/medical insurance.
--------------------
He should have talked to a Social Worker at the hospital, mine did everything in her power to help me. We don't have a county hospital out here, but I didn't have any insurance and no money to pay, since I lost my job due to my cancer. She helped me get medicaid, and sent me to the places that could help me not lost my apartment as well. I think your brother should contact the social worker and see if there is any help available. I wish him the best. Hope it all works out for him. Just getting through cancer is hard enough without having problems like that arise.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment