Monday, March 21, 2011

Open enrollment for health insurance is here and I need help deciding what to do?

My options are to enroll in a new insurance plan where I am insured thru the hospital where I work called a UMR EPO. This is new and they tell us many hospital organizations are grouping together to insure themselves. They have seperate co pays for Tier 1 and Tier 2 in this program and frankly, I am scared of my options if I became seriously ill. Then I have the option of Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO which is what I am leaning toward because everyone has heard of Blue Cross Blue Shield. Do you have any idea what I should do? Suggestions. Blue Cross is cheaper then the UMR EPO, I am only insuring myself. No dependents, no husband.
--------------------
I would be careful about letting cost be a determining factor. While near term savings look good it is what it will cost you when you need care that counts. This is something to keep you alive. Pick the policy that gives you the most control over your own care. Avoid any policy that requires you to get approval from any one for care - particularly someone that may have a financial reason for keeping you from getting the care. I always try to get a POS policy without my having to get permission to get a treatment. Good Luck and good health
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment