Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Is there a way to still get health insurance?

I missed out on enrolling for my benefits at my current job and I can't enroll until november. So I was wondering if there is a way to enroll into other health insurances out there. If that's possible... is it a good idea to do that? I really want insurance because I need to go see my eye doctor and the dentist. So if you can help me out, please do. Links? Anything? Thanks.
--------------------
You can buy a temporary health plan to cover you 'til November which would be a wise thing to do. BUT, it'll do nothing for the dentist and eye doctor. What you should do is find out how much it costs at your job, because if you can do better on your own then you wouldn't need to wait 'til November to get something that would help. Biggest mistake people make is assuming that their employer has the best deal going (for employers that pay more than 50% of the cost it can be true, but if they're not then it rarely is). Find an insurance broker to go through the work plan and show you alternatives.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment