Thursday, March 10, 2011

How do I know if my health insurance covers a certain procedure?

I am curious whether my insurance covers Gynecomastia gland excision surgery, usually thought of as a cosmetic procedure. I know very few insurance companies cover this, but I was wondering if mine did. I have Empire plan insurance in NYC (I have it through my father who works for the government? I am only 18 so I am unsure how this all works). Thanks.
--------------------
find a surgeon....they are the ones who would have to "qualify" you for the surgery.....that is how they get paid....it is highly unlikely that insurance will pay, but you can consult a surgeon and see if he can word it right on the pre certification so they do
Source

1 comment:

  1. In a society where looking young is of paramount importance we spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars each year in order to ensure our appearance is as good as possible. For this reason many now opt for cosmetic surgery which can offer a perfect solution and give us the self confidence we yearn for. Learn more:

    cosmetic surgery advice

    ReplyDelete