Thursday, March 10, 2011

Does lack of health insurance translate into an absence of healthcare in the United States?

If I don't have health insurance and I go to an Emergency Room, will I receive treatment? If, on receiving treatment in the Emergency Room, it is learned that I am in critical need of a life saving surgical procedure, will I be told that, due to my lack of healthcare insurance, the hospital and healthcare professionals will be unable to initiate that procedure? Is the issue healthcare...or who, ultimately is going to pay for it?
--------------------
If you can not pay, you will not be turned away. However, there are a lot of folks out there who would rather have big screen tv's, digital cable, cell phone plans and a new 4 x 4 rather than pay for insurance. For some, it is not a priority and ironically these are the same people who are complaining they can't afford health insurance. It's all about personal responsibility and where your priorities lie.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment