Thursday, February 10, 2011

No health insurance & looking to see a psychiatrist?

I have tried looking it up on my own to no avail. I do not have health insurance but feel like I need to get a little help stabilizing my moods. Websites would help. I live in the Houston, TX area.
--------------------
I agree it is very difficult to find free counseling on the web for your area. Besides trying churches in your area, I have one additional recommendation that you could try. NAMI is the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill. They have the best resources, support and information available anywhere in the US. If you go to the links I have provided and click on Resources, you will be able to review what sources available in your area. The first link is to NAMI in metropolitan Houston. The second link is to NAMI in West Houston. The third link is a direct link to the Mental Health Association of Greater Houston. They should have the information about all the providers in the area and whether or not any of them are free. NAMI might be able to advocate to get you some free counseling or send you in the right direction if you are unable to get some so don't rule them out if you really need help. Good Luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment