Thursday, February 10, 2011

Has Obama's health care plan for medical insurance kicked in yet?

I really want to drop a Spanish class I'm taking at a community college because I was only taking it to have 12 units to be a full-time student, and I only wanted to be a full-time student because otherwise I wouldn't be covered under my mom's health care plan. But if Obama's health care reform thing has kicked in, where people are covered under their parents' health insurance until they're 26, I don't need it. So has it started yet? Authoritative links as proof are greatly appreciated.
--------------------
For most people, no, not yet. The plan should be in full effect by 2014. Right now, 2 important things have changed. Kids up to age 26 are able to stay insured on their parents' plans. They do NOT have to be living with them or dependents. They can even be married, just have no health insurance. The second thing that has happened is that now children cannot be denied insurance for pre-existing conditions. It is hard to wait for the other things to happen. I think when everyone is able to have access to affordable insurance, people will be happier about it. Think they will find out it is not as bad as it is being made out to be. Plus, as it begins, if there are things wrong with it, it can be modified. We have to all have access to health care that doesn't destroy us financially. For you, you can stay on your mom's plan now. You do not have to be in school.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment