Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I have a question about Cigna Health Insurance.?

I recently changed my job and my new employer provides Cigna health insurance. I've always had Aetna and could find doctors easily. However, it doesn't seem as though my dermatologist takes Cigna which is weird because she takes every other kind of health coverage. Is Cigna a bad health insurance company with limited choices of doctors who are in their network?
--------------------
Cigna is no better or no worse than Aetna or any other company but it can depend upon the plan your employer has and your location. In many places Cigna has their own network. In other places the doctors have an option to accept the Cigna network, or any other network. Ask your dermatologist if they'd consider accepting Cigna. If not find one that does or pay the charges out of pocket.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment