Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Health Insurance?

My husband is thinking about taking a job offer to move us to Florida. My son has a platlett disorder and is covered under Medicade/Medicare. I was told that since he is covered under an insurance that the pre exctixing cause shouldn't take effect? Is this true. And how can I keep from being any more out of pocket by moving???
--------------------
You should start talking to Florida medicaid now, while your current income qualifies you to contiue coverage. Medicaid will be cheaper than family coverage, I imagine. Then, when you no longer qualify for medicaid, then add your son to the group plan. Medicaid qualifies for continuous coverage (you'll need to ask for a certificate of credible coverage from your medicaid carrier). Even making more money, your son may still qualify for medicaid - check that too.
Source

2 comments:

  1. I think the current policy will not work out if someone moves from their native place. You have to buy a new plan in Florida as wasting more money on the current policy will be a total waste.
    business liability insurance

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete