Saturday, December 4, 2010

How much does your health insurance cost per year?

Yes, this is a political question! So, what is the cost? I am not asking what it costs YOU; I'm asking what amount of money is paid in total to the insurance company to cover you and your family. What you pay, and what your employer pays, combined. Do you have any idea? Are there any other things you buy that you have no idea what the cost is? Do you think the fact that people are so insulated from the actual costs of health services causes the distortions in the market that result in such high prices and costs? Do you think consumer-based, rather than government-based, solutions, like medical savings accounts and more realistic tax treatment of employer-purchased benefits (treating it as taxable income and giving people an offsetting tax deduction or benefit) would be a better solution to people's present concerns? Thanks.
--------------------
I know exactly what mine is, since I pay it, and it is a lot...but I would rather pay a lot than have the government run my healthcare.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment