Saturday, December 11, 2010

How can a person not in college get health insurance?

I am not going to be in college anytime soon but I'm not going to have any insurance for my health at all. That means I'll have to pay a lot of money for my pills, psychiatrist and psychologist. How can I get insurance if I'm not going to be a student?
--------------------
Get a job and you wont need a shrink. If you have any parents under the new law you can be included on their policy and you don't have to be a student after September this year, or when your insurance company plans to do it. Otherwise, you can buy your own insurance policy if you have no parents. If you are under 21 and low income you can apply for Medicaid at your county office. Other than that, when you need a prescription or get sick, you go to a local community clinic in your town. Look in the phone book or call hospitals and ask if they have a low income clinic. This has nothing to do with being a student or not.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment