Sunday, November 14, 2010

What makes you think you will keep your current health insurance WITHOUT the reform bill?

Republicans keep saying that the health care bill will take away the health insurance they are happy with. But I've had coverage through my employers and I've still had to change health insurance plans 7 times in the past 8 years! This was due to a combination of changing jobs or having my employer change to a less expensive (to them) plan. Why do Republicans act like we have a stable system now?
--------------------
I have had the same problem. Every September, my husband's company has changed insurance companies and it is usually to a company that is less expensive to them, but has less coverage for us as a family. This year though, they did not change companies, but the premiums went up by more than $100 per month. On top of that, they don't cover the medical supplies that I need for every day living. I do not qualify for Medicaid although I am unable to work, but if I did, Medicaid would cover the supplies. Between the co-pays, deductibles and supplies not covered, I am shelling out over $300 per month and that isn't including the premiums that come out of his paycheck. I have to believe that if the heath care reform is passed, and we are taxed on such a plan, the taxes would be lower than what I am paying now. I have started looking for some of the supplies I need on ebay to try and find them at a cheaper rate. To me, that is just sad.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment