Monday, November 1, 2010

What is the waiting period on a health insurance policy?

I was in a car accident about 1 1/2 months after I got my new health insurance coverage. I didn't have personal injury protection on my auto insurance policy so i'm billing my health insurance for the costs. Anyways they just sent me a letter saying that the services occurred within the waiting period of the policy therefore this claim is pending for receipt of physicians report. What does all this mean? Can they deny the coverage?
--------------------
Companies normally have a 60 day "underwriting period" to see if they even want to accept your application. Since yours was a NEW application and still within this period, they are probably still waiting on reports from your doctors to see if you had any pre-existing conditions that might have caused the accident. If not...you shouldn't have a problem - it just takes a little waiting time. Good luck and I hope this helps!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment