Monday, November 15, 2010

What is a good affordable health insurance company?

I am 21 yrs old, with no existing health conditions, but I make too much money to get coverage from the state. My employer does offer insurance but it's very expensive and the coverage isn't worth the amount of money they want me to spend.
--------------------
Oh I don't know about that! we have Anthem BC/BS and we don't have a problem with it at all. For instance, my Oct, 07, neck fusion, $92,000, they paid $17,000 + and we paid our deductible plus about 600 out of pocket. Then with my Blood clot in my lung last year, the bill was around 37,000 for 3 1/2 days in the hosp. w various tests for clots, CT w the IV, ins paid around $8,000 contracted, we paid about 380. We have the PPO plus, as I have numerous conditions. $30.00 office copay, after you reach your yearly deductible, you're more or less home free. Don't knock it til you have dealt with it. We used to have several others, I'd rather have this. We've had a few problems with the 90-day by mail pharmacy but that end had nothing to do with the insurance. It was the pharmacy not understanding what the Dr. my Endocrinologist wrote out. We got it,rather the nurse at her office got it straight.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment