Monday, November 15, 2010

How much is a visit to the Dermatologist without health insurance?

I've tried everything and I can't get rid of my acne. I don't have health insurance because I've turned 19 and I only have a part-time job and am a part-time student. How much would it cost to go to a dermatologist and get a prescription?
--------------------
The dermatologist visit is usually around 60-100 dollars. A general practitioner can also prescribe acne medication, so if you have a health clinic on campus check out that option. If you dont have prescription insurance either, make sure that you ask for them to prescribe a medication that has a generic available. Brand name creams can easily be over $100 and only last about a month. A good one to ask for is Retin-A, its generic is Tretinoin.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment