Saturday, November 20, 2010

I want to spend a year traveling and have questions about health insurance?

I currently have health insurance with my employer but I am considering taking a year off to travel around the world a bit. If I get my own health insurance coverage, and I don't allow it to lapse before I get it, will I have trouble getting pre-existing conditions treated in the future when I rejoin an employer? I don't have any major health issues -- mostly some tendonitis that has required repeat physical therapy -- not even sure if this would count as a pre-existing condition.
--------------------
No, you shouldn't have any trouble, as long as it's with a group policy, and you don't let your current policy lapse. Check with your current policy, though, because likely you're NOT going to have "worldwide" coverage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment