Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do you liberals feel about the poor being forced to buy health insurance?

Do you think its a good idea to force the poor to either pay the fine or buy into a public health plan? Is it good to make out of work people pay for health insurance? Does this seem fair?
--------------------
Haven't your heard? The Sheriff of Nottingham has been named the new Health Reform czar.......... Let me clarify the situation with Medicaid. The states have had to cut back on Medicaid. More hard working poor (say, someone self employed like myself) are not being given Medicaid. I had Medicaid in Michigan and moved and was not approved in my new state ( many, many seriously ill people are in the same situation besides myself). I cannot afford health insurance and would not be considered by an insurance company because of 2 pre-existing conditions. As it is now, I have to pay for everything including very expensive medications and regular blood work which is ridiculously expensive too. Saying the poor get everything for free is just ignorant. Get your facts straight and let's work on cutting the cost of health care by limiting outrageous malpractice suits and regulating insurance companies.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment