Thursday, August 25, 2011

question about the HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996)?

im 20 years old & just recently left my parents' CONTROLING household.i wanted 2 get a check up & be put on birthcontrol with out my parents knowing. well my aunt works at my doctors office & i went 2 get a PAP smear, pelvic exam, & be put on the depo shot. i had all my mail sent 2 my friend (who went with me) address & used the friends home phone number. so if word got back to my parents i knew my aunt is who told. what do i do if & when she tells? how do i go about fileing complaints on her? what does the HIPPA say i can do to her for violating federal laws on privacy?
--------------------
The Supreme Court ruling in the first answer is COMPLETELY WRONG! People 17 and over have the rights. Anyone under the age of 17 needs parental consent. ANYTHING...ANYONE. Parents have the rights to know of certain things regarding children.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment