Thursday, August 25, 2011

question about bluecross blue shield health insurance?

My husband has empire's bluecross blue shield health insurance (PPO) and i was wondering if this was a good health insurance or not? I don't know anyone who has it so I'm not too sure whether it is or isn't? Do you have to pay a lot out of your pocket?(he just got it this month through his job so we haven't gone to doctor's yet to see how much money we'll have to pay for doctor's visits.) Thanks for all answers
--------------------
What kind of company is Empire (large public or small)? It depends greatly. The reason is that if it is a self-funded plan benefits can be wildly different. I am a healthcare lawyer who works with numerous plans often and I can tell you that benefits, while usually fairly uniform, can vary. The easiest thing to do is ask his HR person for a schedule of benefits under the plan. This should clear up most of your questions.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment