Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just lost my health insurance what do I do now?

So I'm a 21 yr old in college, I just got kicked off my parents plan because we can no longer prove that I am a Dependant. My main concerns are dental and birth control. I have two cracked caps on my molars because I grind my teeth, which I've put off because of school and work. And I need to get monthly birth control. Any advice on what steps I can take next? I'm in Santa Cruz county.
--------------------
Join the rest of us uninsured people. NOW you thoroughly understand why we need a national health care program. (Go Obama!) See if you qualify for COBRA. For dental, call your local (usually county) health department. They can usually either provide or recommend low-cost dental services. For birth control, I strongly suggest using the word "NO!".<<< If that isn't an option, check out your nearest branch of Planned Parenthood - they will help you with examinations, meds, etc. Unlike what those against Planned Parenthood will tell you, Planned Parenthood does a LOT regarding female health issues, and they do it on a sliding scale that depends on your income. Good luck (to us all).
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment