Friday, August 26, 2011

can US health insurance cover nationally?

I want to move with family about 1000 miles away, currently my dad covers me under aetna health insurance and he says that any health insurance only covers locally unless it is an emergency. i can't be covered by family i want to move since my father has custody of me. is there any way that aetna could cover me if i live long distance from my father?
--------------------
Some Aetna policies are portable to other states, some are not. You and your Dad need to talk to Aetna. My daughter went to college in another state, and I bought her an Aetna policy that covered her in the state where the school is located, as well as the state where we live. It is not cheap, though. But, there are alternatives, if you can pay the premium. My daughter has her own policy, she is no longer on my policy. I Hope this helps. ps- there are other insurers besides Aetna. Tell your dad to call an independent insurance broker for help. He'll get all the answers he needs for free.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment