Monday, August 8, 2011

Birth Certificate and Health Insurance in NJ?

My husband and I live in two different seperate states due to his work, if I have the baby and he is not at the hospital at the time, is it ok for me to put him on the birth certificate? I don't know if he has to be there. He works about 3 hours away when traffic is good, it can take up to 6 on a Friday afternoon :( Also, do I just need his Health Insurance # or a copy of the card to start her under his policy? I have my own insurance but would have to pay the increase to put her on mine, he does not, therefore she is going on his. When do you get a copy of the Birth Certificate? Thanks in advance!!!
--------------------
I've never heard of the birth father needing to be at the delivery in order to be on the birth certificate. They always list a father. And since you're married you shouldn't have trouble putting her on his insurance. You want to call and make sure they know you are pregnant and want the baby on his policy. You can't just start her account once she's delivered.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment