Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Will I still be on my parents health insurance if I become a part tiem student?

I'm debating on dropping one of my classes. I'm currently a full time student, getting A's in all my other classes and failing my Biology class. If I drop it, I'll be a part time student. Is it worth it? It's community college. I'm trying to transfer to a school that requires a high GPA to get into.
--------------------
Insurance companies are not required to follow the provision in the new law that relates to this question until the next policy renewal date, which is usually January. If the insurance company has not decided to implement the change before it was required to do so, then they can drop you, but will have to let you rejoin and the next policy renewal date, probably January.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment