Sunday, June 12, 2011

Is Kaiser HMO a good health insurance plan to buy?

Here's the thing. My current doctor told me that he's leaving and he's going to Kaiser. I don't want to lose him so I my only way would be to purchase Kaiser. So if I already know the doctor I want, does that make Kaiser okay? What are the benefits and drawbacks of Kaiser Health?
--------------------
Kaiser Permanente was the first Health Maintenance Organization growing out of the public works projects developed by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt to help the US out of the 'great depression'. HMOs in general are a problem and if you have another choice then I would tend to steer clear of HMOs. HMOs make money by delaying and denying services and perhaps the only exception is if you have a good physician on the 'inside'. If you have great faith in your physician and if that physician is able to press the HMO to provide you with proper care then it may turn out OK. In general however HMOs are never a good idea for the patient. If I may be of further assistance please let me know. I wish you the very best of health and in all things may God bless.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment