Wednesday, May 4, 2011

will a new health insurance policy pay for a breast reduction?

my husband has a very small business and we do not have any health insurance, we have a general physician that we rarely need. I was wondering if there is any time limit on how long you need to have coverage should you opt for a breast reduction. I am a size 36DD, my breast are really huge and they hurt like helll. I don't like them touched and my back it beginning to hunch over little by little. my shoulders have indentions in them because of the weight and I can't go jogging without being tied up with something. I can't sleep on my stomach at night because its like I am sleeping on two canteloupes. I really need a breast reduction. If anyone knows anything helpful please enlighten me as this will improve the quality of my life.
--------------------
The moment your health insurance comes into affect is the very moment you can go to a PS and have them send in the information to your insurance company for approval. I was with United Healthcare for a short time before I went to see a few PS's for a breast reduction and I was approved in no time. I did not need any documentation from my family doctor or any type of weight loss or chiropractic appointment, but EVERY insurance company and plan is different. You may get word back from the insurance company that you need to lose weight (which is hard and did not work for me), or you need other medical documentation. You will never know if you need this unless you get word back from the insurance company. With your back pain and sore breasts, make sure you complain about that. This site helped me out a LOT with my research and before/after surgery: http://www.breasthealthonline.com It has a FAQ section as well as a support board and picture board (which I highly recommend applying for it is TOTALLY worth it!).
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment