Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Already Have Health Insurance. Can I Be Exempt From the Health Care Law, Like the Lawmakers?

I want to be exempt from the health care law, just like the lawmakers are. The good people on YA tell me lawmakers are exempt from the law because the already have insurance. Well, I do too. How do I exempt myself from the health care law, because I already have insurance?
--------------------
You want to be exempt from what exactly? Getting dropped from your health insurance when you really need it because they find something that they suddenly declare to be a preexisting condition? The individual mandate doesn't apply to you because you are already in compliance with it, so don't worry. If you qualify for a subsidy, you don't have to take it. You're exempt. You will have to pay any applicable taxes, but that depends on your income and your current plan. But for that, you'll be making sure that your plan will actually keep covering you, even if you get sick. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment