Sunday, May 29, 2011

Where do I go for medical help without health insurance if it's not a emergency?

I have a cyst on my ear lobe which has becomed really swollen and infected. It is causing a great deal of pain. I'm currently in-between insurance. In my city the bill to see a Dr. without insurance4 is arround 150-200 dollars. I live on a shoestring budget and that's alot of money to me. I reside in Milwaukee and would appreciate sound advise on my options. I do have a child but the insurance is only under the mother. So that option is not available to me either. Free clinics in my area don't service this type of injury. I would wait 1-2 hrs to see a Dr and only be told they dont' treat that. Other than those I don't know where to go.
--------------------
This may be a cheaper option: Advanced Healthcare Convenient Walk-In Hours! We offer Walk-In Services seven days a week at five convenient locations. No appointment is necessary. Come to Walk-In with minor injuries and illnesses that may not require a trip to the emergency room. Good Hope Road Clinic 3003 West Good Hope Road, Milwaukee phone 414-352-7951 Monday-Friday 8 am - 7 pm Saturday & Sunday 9 am - 5 pm For additional information, call the Advanced HealthLine at 262-512-2880 or toll-free outside the Metro Milwaukee area at 1-888-709-2080. Otherwise call your city health department and they should be able to give you some ideas, here is the number: 414-286-3521
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment