Sunday, May 29, 2011

I'm a small biz owner. Can anyone recommend the smartest way to get health insurance for my family?

We have a two person company. Currently, I get insurance through my wife's work and my partner still has a full time job that he gets his insurance benefits. He's unlikely to leave his full time job anytime soon. Also, I've heard that my company needs at least two people to qualify for a group health policy . I don't see us hiring any full time employees anytime soon. Regardless, if we did start a small 2 or 3 person group, getting dropped or priced out of the market, if one of us was seriously ill is a major concern. We want to start a family and my wife wants to stay home with the kids, so we will need to find an alternate source for health insurance. I realize that we can do Cobra for 18 months, but beyond that, what are my options? We're all healthy at the moment. People tell me we should find a large group to join and get insurance through them. I don't know how easy this is b/c I don't know a single person that's insured in this manner. Can I get some recommendations
--------------------
I get my health insurance from the NASE (National Association for the Self-Employed) http://www.nase.org/ You can also contact your insurance provider that you get your auto or home insurance through and price them out for health insurance
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment