Monday, May 30, 2011

Change health insurance provider even if i am pregnant?

I have cigna insurance through the company im working for. Im undergoing infertility treatment. But not happy with the doc. We have open enrollment period in november every year..where i have to enroll again. Im planning to shift to kaiser. But what if I become pregnant within the next 4 months. Will it be possible to make a change and have my pregnancy expences covered in kaiser?...
--------------------
I don't know the specifics of the two insurance companies you're talking about, but I do know that when I signed up for additional insurance to cover pregnancy, I was told that I couldn't become pregnant (and be covered) until I was officially covered or the pregnancy would be considered a pre-existing condition. If I were you, I'd call a Kaiser rep and ask just to be sure. Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment