Saturday, April 23, 2011

Need health insurance, or free health insurance for migraines?

I suffer from migraines, which are known for cluster headaches. I don't have any medical insurance. I've applied for medical but I'm not eligible because I am over 21 years of age and don't have any children.I have many years with this condition and it's getting worst everyday. This headache for the past 4weeks has being interfering with my lifestyle day and night. I think its time for to see a Neurologist. I need help, is there any plan or health insurance that's not expensive. Thanks
--------------------
Unfortunately, you cannot take out insurance so you can go to the doctor tomorrow. There is a 3-month probationary period with any insurance policy where they are monitoring your behavior closely. If you don't disclose your condition, yet obtain treatment for your condition within that 3-month period, your policy will be terminated. But if you DO disclose your condition to a potential insurer, you will likely not obtain coverage; or if you do, your rates will be more than you can afford. Individual insurance carriers are looking for perfectly healthy individuals to cover. We all need to remember that insurance companies are businesses. They aren't in the business of covering medical expenditures, they are in business to MAKE MONEY. If a potential carrier believes they will dole out more money than they will make on you, you will not obtain a policy. Find a medical school clinic in your area that offers free or community clinics. You may then be able to obtain a referral to a neurologist, if the practitioner thinks it is warranted. You may also want to contact a county hospital.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment