Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Is a recent diagnosis of PCOS considered pre-existing condition for my health insurance?

I have BCBS of IL. and I have a one year pre-existing clause on my plan. I was diagnosed with PCOS last month and am planning on going to see an Endo who specializes in PCOS to help with my weight issues, however, I am wondering if the insurance company will deny any of my treatments for this as a "pre-existing condition" even though I never was treated/knew I had it before last month with my new insurance. Any experiences?
--------------------
Obviously Marshall thought this was a weight lose question. Maybe he/she is illiterate. PCOS can be considered an existing condition same as Diabetes or Thyroid conditions. It is completely up to the discretion of your insurance provider. Call them to be sure or log into their website to veiw a list of what they consider preexisting. Good luck on your quest for health. I also have been diagnosed with PCOS, a mild form but understand what you are struggling with.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment