Thursday, April 7, 2011

How do I go about finding a health insurance provider for my employees?

I recently start my own company and I am in the process of higher indepedant contractors. I understand that they are INDEPENDENT contractors, but I wanted to at least be able to direct them to a good provider.
--------------------
Look around for benefit brokers in your area. They work with the insurance companies to put together the best deal for your employees. Most are smaller - local to your area and familiar with the offerings in your area - so I can't name names! Check with your local chamber of commerce or HR group (check out shrm.org for that group) as the benefit brokers are targeting those groups and you'll be able to find references to the better ones! However if your employees are actually independent contractors - they're not employees - you are paying them without taking out taxes - they are responsible for paying all of their own taxes (SS, Medicare, etc) - so you don't need to offer them benefits...and most independent contractors (if they truly work on their own) find their own source of benefits.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment