Friday, March 25, 2011

Will health insurance pay for a breast reduction?

I have a 36H and I would give anything to get a breast reduction, but I don't have the money for it. I have major back problems because of it, and I was wondering if health insurance covered that or not. I have PPO, blue cross, blue shield. Does anyone know??
--------------------
The only way to find out is to call BCBS and ask them. Some policies will not cover it no matter what, even if the doctor says it's medically necessary. I have worked in health insurance for 8 years, and I have seen thousands of different types of policies. Other questions to ask: Do I have a deductible? What percentage am I responsible for when the deductible is met? Is there an out of pocket maximum? (An out of pocket max is the most you will have to pay for medical services for that particular year.) Are the doctors and the hospital in the network? What is the coverage for the radiologist, anesthesiologist, and/or pathologist if their services are required? Is prior notification required?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment