Thursday, March 17, 2011

How can I get health insurance if I am immigrating to the US?

I am a US citizen moving back to the US with my husband and 2 children. My husband is the one who is immigrating - the kids and I are citizens. However, we've been told that we can't get insurance for 1 year. Does anyone know how to get insurance in this situation? Healthcare is so expensive in the US - what if we're in a car accident or something? I'd be afraid to take my family there if we weren't covered for insurance. A fried of mine is even an Allstate agent and she said that she couldn't find a carrier that would cover us. My husband will have a green card, social security number and permanent residence. Any advice from anyone on this subject would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
--------------------
I think the waiting period is untrue. The reason I say this, is that I had insurance right after I applied for my green card. I was working on an EAD and Pacific Source gave me medical and dental without any hassles.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment