Saturday, February 26, 2011

Will I be covered with health insurance during Army BCT?

I know I signed up for the max life insurance, how does health insurance work? Are you automatically covered while on active duty for training (I'm National Guard) or do I need to sign up for Tri-Care?
--------------------
It's my understanding that you'll ONLY be covered by Tricare while you're on active duty orders for the Federal Gov't...not State Call-Ups. But, talk to your National Guard recruiter or someone with your unit to be sure. I don't know, nor do I think, you can carry Tricare when you're not on orders. As far at the life insurance goes...that's a totally different ball game. You're paying for a service and it's guranteed. But, with health insurance you're not paying for anything.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment