Saturday, February 19, 2011

Should I go without health insurance for a year?

Next month I am about to go through open enrollment through my employer. This year health insurance was expensive. The took about $120 out of my pay check. To get more income next year, should I skip health insurance for at least one year.
--------------------
In answer to your question . . . NO, NO, NO & NO. DO NOT go without health insurance. The $120 you pay is a minimal amount to pay for peace of mind. Money is tight for EVERYONE right now. The economy is terrible. I know how hard it is to keep up paying bills but please keep your health insurance. I work as a Director of Human Resources for a company in Manhattan and I could tell you some very hair-raising horror stories about what happened to people who didn't have health insurance. Don't think it's not a big deal because you're young. It is a big deal at any age. Do yourself a favor and hold on to that health coverage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment