Sunday, January 23, 2011

Can you cover kids on a health insurance policy that aren't yours?

Can I add my boyfriend's kids onto my Medicaid policy? He is not on the policy and we are not married. But their mother lost her benefits and now they have no health insurance. Can I just add them to my Medicaid or do I have to be married to their father? What do I do about the child support questions?
--------------------
You cannot add kids that are not yours, to your policy. Their mother or father - whoever has custody - needs to be applying to the state children's health insurance program for coverage for them. Marrying the father, does NOT automatically get him - or them - on your Medicaid. You have to keep requalifying for welfare health insurance. As these aren't your children, you don't get support for them or pay support for them, so I don't know what the child support questions actually ARE.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment