Monday, December 13, 2010

Where do you go for health care if you have no insurance?

My throat seriously started hurting on Saturday. Two days later, I still have fever, chills, sore throat, and the tell-tale markings on my tonsils of strep. Which means I need prescription medicine. Unfortunately, my husband and I hit severely hard times about 5 months ago. We're mostly caught up now, but one thing we still don't have is health insurance. So, we make just a little bit too much money to qualify for federal aid, yet paying out-of-pocket for a whole doctor's visit will set us back another month or two. What should I do? I can't miss work for the two weeks that it will take me to recover on my own. Where do I go?
--------------------
Well one of the best places to go if you don't have insurance is a urgnet care walk-in clinic. I don't knwo how they work where you are but it is kind of a "doc in the box". For relatively simple ailments or injuries such as possible strep. They are the most inexpensive of them out there.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment