Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What type of health insurance plan can I get to cover birth control cost?

I need a health insurance plan that covers birth control, anyone know what the cheapest is? Planned parenthood here is not covered by the state, so it's around $60/month for pills. My problem is that I don't have an American social security number, do I really need that? If so, what if my husband gets a family plan that covers me, would I still need to have a SSN?
--------------------
If you need insurance for all health matters, look for one that covers birth control. They will probably only cover pill form, however. If you are looking to purchase health insurance to save money on birth control, don't bother. The premiums for you and your husband are going to be more than $60 a month--a lot more. No-the Federal Privacy Act ensures that only governmental agencies (and not all of those) are required to have your SS#.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment