Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How much time is needed to find health insurance?

When I am 25, I will no longer be covered under my parent's health insurance plan. I am needing to know how much time I will need to invest in finding health insurance for myself (a non-married young man with no existing health issues and no current medications). Any links to articles or websites are welcome. Thank you.
--------------------
chloe is wrong.. if you wait longer than 62 days then any condition you were seen/treated for during your "uncovered" time could be considered pre-existing and your new insurance company could reject any payment for that condition for up to a year if you don't pick up a new policy within the 62 days. I've work pre-existing claims for Wellpoint (anthem) blue cross and blue shield now for almost 9 years..
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment