Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Health Insurance?

I work full time and have health coverage through my job...I just found out that i am 5 weeks pregnant, I was just wondering when I am supposed to inform my insurance company? Just as an FYI, I have Independent Health, and live in NY.
--------------------
I was not required to call my insurance company . . . but I did . . and I actually recommend that you call! I have BC/BS in Massachuessetts. They were great about getting me all of the information on what was covered, what required co-pays and how much everything would be for me. They also have a program called "Healthy Living Babies" which was free to enroll in . . . they mailed me information from local maternity stores, daycares, parenting classes, a pregnancy book, vacination information and more. They also will reimburse up to $90 for childbirth / parenting classes for your first child and $45 for the second. I would not have know about this if I did not call. I believe in being prepared - so I would recommend that you call and get all of the information. Good luck & best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment