Friday, August 5, 2011

Can I still stay on my parents' health insurance if I take 9 units at my 4-year and 4 units at city college?

One of the lower division biology classes I need to take is full but the same class is available at the community college in my city. I'd like to take it but I don't want to get bumped off the insurance if splitting up the units at different institutions is considered not full time. Thanks
--------------------
Each institution considers you part time, and since you can only get federal funding for on school at a time I doubt that they would combine them to create a full-time label for you. I suggest that you wait a bit, classes always open op close to the start of school when students drop or switch their schedules. I have done this a few times, especially in lower level classes. Just keep checking the class schedule to see if it opened up, better yet, get on a waiting list for the class! Just e mail the teacher!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment