Friday, July 1, 2011

Would forcing me to buy health insurance from private, for-profit corporations violate my free speech rights?

Much, if not most, of the premiums they collect will go to lobbying and advertising, thus compelling me to pay for their campaign against my own health. Is that a violation of my free speech rights, forcing me to pay for speech that directly harms me?
--------------------
Nope but it violates the phuck outta this: "Resolved, that the several States composing the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their general government; but that by compact under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States and of amendments thereto, they constituted a general government for special purposes, delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving each State to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force: That to this compact each State acceded as a State, and is an integral party, its co-States forming, as to itself, the other party....each party has an equal right to judge for itself, as well of infractions as of the mode and measure of redress."
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment