Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and we do not have health insurance. Any options to get some?

I left my position with a company in 11/05 to work as a consultant on a very large, long-term engagement. The headhunter indicated that after 6-months, I'd likely be considered for permanent hire, but I now know that is open-ended in reality. In 11/05 we rolled the dice and opted not to get insurance in the interim. Alas, my wife has now been diagnosed with breast cancer. It is early, so her propects are good, but will require surgery. The surgery, hospital stay and follow-up care will be extremely expensive, so we're searching for ways to alleviate the financial impact as best we can. The insurance carriers we have contacted will not cover "pre-existing conditions", so that includes us. So we're not sure what alternatives we have, if any, besides paying all of the expenses out of pocket. We're willing to have a very high deductible and pay a larger than normal percentage of the medical fees if necessary as long as the coverage is immediate. We reside in New Jersey.
--------------------
I know of a health care savings program that can save 30-50% depending on the services needed. It is not insurance but a savings program so you will qualify. I do not want people to think this is solicitation or advertising so getting more info I am leaving for you to contact me.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment